Laser acupuncture is a newer method to apply acupunctutre without the use of needles. It has been shown to be effective in treating many of the same conditions in which needles would be used including carpal tunnel syndrome, joint inflammation, headache, arthritis, and is an excellent alternative for use in children. In our practice we use a multi-channel acupuncture laser device which allos use to place diodes of specific acupuncture points and stimulate those points effectively. In fact research from Germany suggests that laser acupuncture stimulation of the brain increases during the treatment process whereas needle based treatments decrease over the course of the treatment suggesting that laser acupuncture may be superior to needle acupuncture.
There are other benefits of using lasers in place of needles:
- Pain free- For anyone who is afraid of needles
- Harmless – Free of side effects.
- Sanitary – There is no chance of infection.
- Easy to apply - For acupuncture points, we can treat up to 10 points during a session.
- Stimulates growth factor response within cells
- Produces pain relief as a result of increased endorphin and serotonin release
- Increased lymphatic activity
- Strengthening of the immune system response
- Increased collagen and ATP production
- Increased circulation
Call our office today for a complimentary consultation to see how acupuncture and or laser can benefit you.